Saturday 9 November 2013

Arbonne for Face Review

Arbonne Sample Pack for Face Review

I picked up a couple of sample packs 2 weekends ago at at local school fete.  There was various stalls there including a Nutrimetics stall and Arbonne.

I had heard of Arbonne but never had an opportunity to try their products so I bought 2 sample packs for face to see what the products were like.  The lady running the stall was the Arbonne rep for this area.  Her name is Kendall and she was very enthusiastic and friendly.

The sample packs were AU$5 each and contained 7 products.

The packs were nicely presented in a fold out card with little slots to hold the sample tubes of product.





Another great thing about these packs was there were instructions for each product and what order to use them in.

I will review them in the order of the leaflet!

Smoothing Facial Cleanser

This is a runny whitish creamy fluid with a rather pungent citrus smell which I wasn't keen on.  I found it did an ok job with the cleansing and didn't dry my skin right out.  I would not buy this product, the smell wasn't that great.

Regenerating Toner

Only received a small sample of this but it seemed to go a long way.  Watery and clear with a pleasant scent.  I'm not sure what toners are meant to do, I can't say I felt better or worse for using it.  But it smelled nice.  Would not buy a full size version.

Intensive Renewal Serum

Pale yellow creamy serum, spread well, sank into the skin quickly.  Left a sort of sticky residue for a short while then was completely absorbed within a minute or so.  Very slight clean scent.  I like it.  Depending on the price, would buy a full size version of this.

Corrective Eye Crème

I was told not to use this on the eyelid itself, rather underneath the eye and on the brow bone.  I haven't really bothered with this, I don't tend to put product around my eyes specifically, I find they seem to get in my eyes and make them itch or my vision gets blurry from oils etc going in my eyes :)  Would not buy a full size of this.

Restorative Day Crème & Extra Moisture Restorative Day Crème

These contain SPF 15.  I found they left an oily or greasy feel to my skin and never truly absorbed.  Makeup slid off or balled up, big no from me.  Not sure if it was the SPF or my skin type?

Summary

Overall I am glad I had the opportunity to try these products out for AU$5 per sample pack, I think that the products were average, I don't know the full price for the items and I doubt I would specifically seek out the rep and buy them.  

Also I found it slightly disturbing that the company touted their products as "Pure, Safe, Beneficial" but the ingredient list inside the card showed a truckload of synthetic and artificial ingredients.   Pure?  Safe?  Hmmm.

Have any of you heard of or tried Arbonne Products before?  What did you think?  Comment below!

Jan x


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this review! I haven't heard of Arbonne, but I don't think I will be trying it any time soon. A big turn off for me is a company claiming one thing, when it's not really true. It's pretty common though, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand they have to sell their product and will place it in the best light possible, but I do get cross when it isn't *just* misleading but downright untrue. Anyway, thx for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. I have tried the Arbonne serum and I did quite enjoy it. BUT I don't agree with some of their product claims.. for example at their workshops (sales parties) they claim all ingredients are "grown in the Swiss alps high above the pollution line". If they can tell me how papaya grows in the Swiss alps, I'd love to hear it... ha ha! x

    ReplyDelete