Sunday 17 November 2013

Clarisonic Mia 2 Review

Clarisonic Mia 2 Review

I bought this nifty little device on Ebay a few weeks ago, it cost me AU$94.00 + AU$15 postage.

The unit came with an Australian adapter for the US plug which was good; as I wondered if I would have to buy one separately myself.  I'm glad I waited until I received the item before buying one.



I also bought 2 replacement heads in the "Deep Pore Cleansing" type from a different seller on Ebay, they cost me AU$13.95 + AU$7.95 postage.  The Clarisonic unit itself came with a Sensitive brush head.  I have been using the Sensitive brush head.

The unit took about 20 hours to charge up initially.  It has a nifty little magnetic charger which sticks to the charging point on the unit.  

The unit itself is compact and fairly light.  It is a sealed unit with rubber buttons on the handle.  One button switches the unit on/off.  The other button toggles the speed - allegedly, I pressed it and haven't noticed a difference?  

Around the buttons are indicator lights.  They illuminate when charging and when the unit is running.

I have been using this twice a day with the Beauty Essentials Clean Creamy Cleanser which I talked about here.  My skin on the whole has been looking and feeling a lot cleaner and softer, and a bit brighter.

I have also noticed when I use it after cleaning my face with either wipes or washing by hand I still get makeup coming off onto the Clarisonic Brush, amazing!

You don't need to press hard with this product, just run it over your face in small circular motions to clean your skin.

For unit care I just dry it off with a towel, remove the brush head and dry underneath and then lay the unit and the brush head on my table separately so they can dry out.  The brush heads are supposed to be replaced every 3 months.

My verdict is this product is a hit, but pricey.  I can't see AU$100+ value in it, but it does what it does really well!

Have you got a Clarisonic or other similar device, what do you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment