Friday 1 November 2013

... in the beginning

Hi there!

Welcome to my little corner of the interwebs.

I created this blog as I hope to have something worth sharing with others out there about fashion, personal care, skin care, cosmetics and perhaps other random thoughts and ideas that spring to mind.

Some of this will be me having a whinge and a rant, however I will try and be constructive about my whinging and ranting :)

About me, well I am a health professional employed full-time at the moment.  I am divorced, have one child (a girl) who is turning 14 soon (YIKES), I also have a mortgage, 2 poodles and my dad lives with me since my mum passed away almost 2 years ago.

The last 5 years have been particularly hard for me.  I separated from my ex-husband, had a brief dalliance with alcohol abuse and generally fell into a hole.  I smoked cigarettes heavily on and off for years too.

A couple of months ago I kind of looked in the mirror and thought "God you look OLD".  I'm 38 years old and I think I look 50.  I have deep horizontal lines running across my forehead, those lines running from my nose to my mouth and the lovely little "11" lines between my eyebrows.

"Oh" I thought, "I'm just being too hard on myself".... Then a co-worker made a comment about my "wisdom lines" and I felt so upset, she didn't mean to make me feel bad but by crikey I felt awful.

I have been Googling and You-tubing like crazy ever since, researching everything from Botox to BB Creams trying to get a feel for fixing my face.

I hope to share procedures, products and gimmicks I have tried and hopefully had success with on here and perhaps get a dialogue happening with my readers!

So, that's why I started this.  Join me on my journey, share your thoughts and pages with me, we can learn so much from each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment